Early Childhood Music® Graduate ProfilesWhen students complete our program, they have amazing academic and musical abilities. Our Kids 'n Keys Graduates are able to read music and play in five different keys, (three major, two minor) transpose and compose. Yamaha has a picture with a caption that reads:
Yamaha: success in music, success in life, it’s no coincidence. We are finding that to be true of our graduates. All of our graduating students who started music class under the age of five, earn straight A's in all of their academic subjects, because their brain wires differently. Those who start later, get mostly A's and an occassional B. All are leaders in their churches, communities and schools. Please take time to browse these Huntsville, Alabama graduate's profiles. All of the graduates of this school are listed below… because MUSIC WORKS! Note: to protect our families, last names and school details have been removed from their bios. Full bios are on file in the ECM office.
Spring 2007 Graduates
Kage –nine year old
- He began Early Childhood Music at age 7 ½.
- He is a green belt in in Tae-Kwon-Do.
- Science and art are his favorite subjects.
- He enjoys playing soccer.
- He is currently in the 3rd grade.
- He gets straight A’s in Math and Science.
- He reads at a 4.4 grade level.
- When he grows up he wants to be a Chef and a Karate Instructor
Jennifer — 7 year old –
- Jennifer is in the 2nd grade.
- She began ECM at age 6 years old.
- She loves to read, to draw and to create things.
- In addition to the piano, she takes ballet and sings in the Hsv. Community Junior Chorus.
- She likes to play basketball and softball.
- Jennifer tutors kindergarten students each week in reading.
- Jennifer maintains an A grade point average.
- In the 2nd grade, she reads at a 6th grade level.
- Her favorite subject is art.
- When she grows up she wants to be an astronaut.
Kinsey –seven year old –
- Kinsey started ECM at age 18 months.
- In addition to the piano, Kinsey enjoys dance and tumbling.
- She loves being at church and doing school plays and musicals.
- In the second grade she maintains a 4.0 grade point average.
- She reads at 2.8 grade level.
- Her favorite academic subject is Science
- When she grows up she wants to be a MOMMY!
Michael –six year old –
- Michael started ECM as a 4 year old.
- Michael has participated in sports such as soccer, flag football and basketball.
- During the summer months Michael becomes a junior scientist while participating in Sci Quest excursions.
- He is a member of Early Works Museum and Botanical Gardens.
- He is in the first grade where he maintains straight A’s in Math and Science.
- He is in the accelerated reading group in his class.
- He has always loved music and has been know to pick out tunes that he hears.
- He figured out how to transpose songs before we learned it in class!
- His favorite subject is Math.
- When he grows up he wants to be a doctor!
Bios for Kids 'n Keys graduates December 2006
Rebecca -seven-year old –
- Rebecca enjoys gymnastics and hopes to combine it with dance in the future.
- She’s learning to play the violin at school. She enjoys Sunday school and Kids’ Praise worship.
- Rebecca started Early Childhood Music at age 5.
- She is currently in the second grade.
- Rebecca’s favorite academic subject is (and I quote) "everything."
- Rebecca achieved a 99% grade point average in a six-subject summary this fall.
- In second grade she reads at a 4th grade nine- month level.
- Rebecca wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up.
Steven – eight-year old–
- Steven started Early Childhood Music at age six.
- Steven is very athletic. He enjoys baseball, basketball and football.
- In baseball he is the star pitcher and plays first base.
- This fall at school, he earned first place for the most laps ran on jogging day.
- He enjoys music and loves to sing.
- Steven is in the second grade, reading at a third grade level.
- In first grade he achieved first place for the number of books read in the READ ACROSS AMERICA PROGRAM.
- He achieves straight A’s in all his academic subjects. His favorite subjects are math and science.
- When Steven grows up, he wants to be a football player, baseball player or a paleontologist.
Riggs -seven-year old –
- Riggs began Early Childhood Music at age 3 years.
- Riggs enjoys playing soccer and baseball, camping and swimming.
- He is in the second grade.
- Riggs holds a 98 grade point average. His favorite subject is math.
- Riggs earned the Christian Action Award twice in his school.
- When he grows up, he wants to become a Marine and an astronaut.
Lau’Rent - six-year old –
- Laurent has attended Early Childhood Music since age three years.
- Laurent is involved in many church activities, plays on his school’s soccer team, and enjoys listening to music.
- He is currently in the 1st grade where me makes straight S's.
- He is an avid reader, and reads at the second grade- six month and early third grade levels.
- Laurent’s passion is in the performing and visual arts where he sings his own compositions, dances, draws and colors.
- Laurent wants to be a singer when he grows up.
Drew –eight-year old –
- Drew began ECM at age 7 in the Kids ‘n Keys program. He then skipped half of level 3 and part of Level 4.
- Drew is active in his church.
- He participates in choir and sometimes provides the piano accompaniment for congregational singing.
- Drew and his sister frequently go with their Pastor to provide devotions and music at a local retirement home.
- Drew is an active Cub Scout.
- He is active in sports, receiving the Presidential Physical Fitness Award three years in a row.
- Drew is an avid reader, reading on a 6+ grade level. He enjoys art, music and BMX biking.
- As a home schooled child, he is involved in his third year of Biblical Greek and is excelling in it!
Eli – nine-year old –
- Eli began ECM at age 7 years.
- Eli plays short-stop and pitcher for his baseball team. His team has placed in 1st for the last four years.
- Eli also has played Jr. Pro Basketball for the last three years.
- Eli enjoys playing board games and riding his dirt bike.
- Eli is in the 4th grade, reading at a 4.6 grade level.
- He maintains a 4.0 GPA.
- His favorite subject is Science.
- He has earned the Citizenship Award, Student of the Month and Merit Awards at his school.
- When he grows up he wants to be a Pediatric dentist and a professional football player.
Stevieray –seven-year old –
- He has been in Early Childhood Music with Ms. Denie as his only teacher since age 15 months.
- He has played football, basketball and baseball for the last four years.
- Stevieray had prenatal music, as his mom played Mozart for Babies during the night all though her pregnancy and his early infancy.
- Stevieray has also been taking Suzuki piano student while he has been studying our program.
- He has performed at Madison Academy’s Music Mania and recitals at Roberts Music Hall UAH.
- He has achieved the honor roll and earned Physical Fitness Awards.
- Stevieray is in the 2nd grade.
- He maintains a straight A average.
- In first grade, he was tested to read at the 3rd year, sixth month reading level.
- He achieved the Certificate of Achievement for reading 1268 books in one year.
- His favorite subject is Math.
- When he grows up, he wants to be a veterinarian.
Jackson –six-year old son –
- Jackson began ECM at age 7 months.
- He was one of our very first Bouncing Baby students.
- Jackson loves to read, ride his bike and go swimming.
- He loves to play the piano and his favorite song is Oh How I Love Jesus.
- Jackson is the youngest graduate we have had in our Early Childhood Music Program. He turned 6 in October and is currently in Kindergarten.
- Academic grades are not given in Kindergarten. We will be tracking Jackson’s academic grades in the future.
- Jackson wants to be a builder when he grows up… JUST LIKE DAD.
Jonah – seven-year old –
- Jonah has been attending ECM since he was 5 years old.
- Jonah enjoys soccer, basketball and cooking.
- He is a member of a local Chess Club.
- He volunteers on the Burritt Museum trail committee.
- He has been in the children’s church choir for 2 years.
- Jonah is in the 2nd grade maintaining straight A’s.
- He received the Accelerated Reader Certificate for Super Reader 2 the first nine weeks of school this year.
- His favorite subject is Accelerated Math.
- When he grows up he wants to be a FBI agent.
Maxwell –ten-years old–
- Maxwell has been attending ECM since he was 7 years old.
- Maxwell enjoys basketball, tennis, cooking and making stuff with his dad.
- He is learning to play the violin.
- He is active in Cub Scouts and is a member of a local Chess Club.
- He volunteers on the Burritt Museum trail committee.
- Maxwell is in the fourth grade where he maintains an A average.
- He loves to read. His current reading level is 7th year- eighth month. He was awarded the Accelerated Reading 100 point Club the first nine weeks of school this year.
- Maxwell’s favorite subject is Science. When he grows up he wants to be an Electrical Engineer.
Ryann –nine year old –
- She began ECM at the age of 7 years old.
- Ryann enjoys arts and crafts.
- She is always making special gifts for everyone in her family. She also has a flair for fashion and can come up with a fabulous outfit with any miscellaneous piece of fabric.
- Ryann is in the 4th grade where she makes A’s and B’s. Her favorite subject is History.
- When she grows up she wants to be a singer.
Tess – 8 year old–
- She has been in the ECM program since age 5.
- Tess enjoys reading and spends every spare minute doing just that.
- Soccer is her other love, which is good because her dad has high hopes of a soccer scholarship to college.
- Tess is currently in the 2nd grade maintaining a 4.0 average.
- She reads at a 6th grade level.
- She loves all of her academic subjects, but says that her favorite must be reading and English.
- When she grows up she wants to be a doctor or a veterinarian.
Christian – six year old –
- Christian is the second six-year old to graduate our program.
- He began music with us as a three-year old.
- Christian loves baseball, loves to ride his bike, play with his friends and go to movies with his family.
- Christian is in the first grade, reading at the 3rd grade level.
- His favorite subject is reading.
- No other academic grades are given in his first grade.
- When he grows up, he wants to be a detective or hospital doctor.
Henry – a seven year old -
- Henry began Early Childhood Music at age two.
- Henry enjoys reading adventure books, walking on the nature train and playing the piano.
- Henry is in first grade and receives straight A+’s in every subject.
- In first grade, he is reading at the 5th grade level.
Kate, an eight-year old -
- Kate enjoys art, playing soccer, softball, camping and swimming.
- She began Early Childhood Music at age 4.
- She is in second grade.
- Kate won the Principal’s Award in the first grade and in kindergarten.
- She won the 1st grade reading award.
- Kate maintains a 97 GPA with her favorite subject being Math.
- As a second grader, she is reading at a _3.9__grade level.
- When she grows up, she wants to be a singer or a veterinarian.
Will – seven-year old -
- Will began Early childhood Music at age 3.
- He is in the chess club at school.
- Will is in the first grade and receives straight A’s.
- As a first grader, he is reading at a 3.0 grade level.
- His favorite subject is science.
- When he grows up he wants to be a builder.
Joseph – eight-year old -
- Joseph began Early Childhood Music at age 3.
- He enjoys swimming, boating, jet skiing, riding his bike and playing Nintendo.
- Joseph is a first grade student and receives straight A’s.
- As a first grader he is reading at the 2.4 grade level.
- His favorite subject is Math.
- When he grows up, Joseph wants to be a doctor or a train conductor.
Rebecca - seven-year old -
- Rebecca began Early Childhood Music at 18 months.
- She enjoys gymnastics, music, dance and loves school.
- Rebecca is in the 1st grade and maintains a 97 GPA.
- As a 1st grader, she is reading at a 2nd grade level.
- Her favorite subjects are math and art.
- She has been honored for the A honor Roll, Scholastic Reader, Mathmania Award for 2 levels, and the Good Citizenship Award.
- When she grows up, she wants to be a research doctor for St Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
Leah Smith – eight-year old–
- Leah began Early childhood Music at age 5.
- Leah has been dancing for six years and competing in dance for 4 years.
- She has been taking violin for two years and performs with the Huntsville Metro Youth Orchestra.
- Leah is a second grader and maintains a 99 GPA.
- As a second grader, she is reading at a 5.5 grade level.
- She is also studying Math at a 4th grade level and Science at a third grade level.
- Leah has been honored for the accelerated reading award, and the PACE program for gifted children of Lauderdale County.
- Her favorite subject is math and she wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up.
Alfred began Early Childhood Music at six years old in the Kids ‘n Keys class.
Alfred is in the third grade, reading at a 4.8 grade level.
Alfred receives A’s and B’s in his academic studies.
Alfred reads and writes French and Spanish.
In the last two years, he has received two annual Science awards, 2 French awards and he has been honored to be Among the Best in Spelling for three years.
Alfred always participates in every musical event at his school and is really excited about his ability to play the piano.
Cameron began Early Childhood Music at age six.
He is in the third grade reading at a 4th grade level.
He enjoys interacting with others and solving problems.
He receives A’s and B’s in his studies and has a keen sense of application in just about everything he does.
Cameron has an ear for music and is quick to talk about music that he hears on the radio or Television.
He has performed in numerous piano recitals, acted in skits, sings in the church choir and has created an educational video and a television commercial.
Laura began Early Childhood Music at age two.
She is now in the first grade where she reads at a 3rd grade level.
She scores A’s in Math and Science.
Outside of music, Laura likes to play soccer and takes Ballet.
In 2005 she her art work was displayed at the Panoply representing her elementary school.
She loves school and enjoys reading and playing with her friends.
Chloe began Early Childhood Music when she was 18 months old.
Chloe is now in the first grade where she excels in reading and math.
The Principal called Chloe in Kindergarten and 1st grade commenting on her good grades.
Chloe attends Chinese school where she has learned to read and write in Chinese.
She is a member of the Huntsville Swimming Association.
She also likes to play softball and basketball.
Her hobbies include watching the Disney Channel and playing Game Boy.
Ben began Early Childhood Music at age three.
Ben is now in the first grade where he is reading at a 3.6 grade level.
Ben scores A’s in Math and Science.
Ben also enjoys soccer, kayaking, biking and just handing out with his friends.
Ben sings in children’s choir at his church.
- Sarah began Early Childhood Music at age five.
- Sarah is now in the second grade and reads at a 5.4 grade level.
- She receives A’s in Math and Science.
- Sarah participated in the 2006 Panoply Billboard Art Contest where she placed 2nd at her school.
- She enjoys reading, soccer and jumping on her pogo stick.
- Sarah has performed solos at her school.
- Her musical goal is to continue piano lessons until she can play music that ‘dances up and down the keyboard."
Heather began Early Childhood Music at age five.
Heather is now in the second grade where she reads ‘off the charts as far as a benchmark for where children her age are reading’…at least a 4.9 grade reading level.
Heather receives straight A’s in all of her subjects.
In addition to playing the piano and reading Heather enjoys playing soccer, riding her bike and participating in church activities, where she has participated in musical program.
Courtney began Early Childhood Music at age five.
She is now in second grade where she scores well above average on the dibels standardized test.
She has been a high scorer on her soccer team and reads at a 4.2 grade level.
Courtney scores A+ in Math and Science.
Courtney likes to sing at church, dance and clown around with her cousins.
She performs for her home church. Her favorite thing about music in playing on the big piano.
Derrica (seven year old) has been attending music class since she was three.
Derrica enjoys ice skating, dancing and gymnastics. Her favorite part of music class was dancing.
Derrica gets straight A’s and excels especially in reading, math and science!
Her second grade teacher, writes… “I am so impressed with Derrica…and with her ability to follow directions. She is always first to start and finish her work correctly. She is quickly moving forward in the independent reading part of the program.” Music played a part!
Carley Beth (seven year old) gets straight "A's".
She began Early Childhood Music as a five year old.
She enjoys running, reading, singing and playing with dolls.
Carley Beth was a Hallelujah Kid in our Spring Event.
Her favorite thing about music class was seeing her friends and dancing.
Emily (eight year old) began music class when she was three and she is presently in second grade.
Emily As a kindergartener, Emily was reading at third/fourth grade level.
In 2004 she placed 3rd in Panoplay billboard contest for her school.
At the end of first grade, Spring 2004,
Emily received the award for highest math, reading and English grade.
She was also honored for highest overall average in her class.
Caroline (seven year old) began taking piano lessons at age three.
Caroline gets straight "A's" and enjoys swimming, dance, piano and climbing trees.
Caroline received a summer reading achievement award through her in the summer of 2004.
Caroline is reading at fourth grade level in second grade.
- Ben (seven year old) began piano lessons at age three.
- Benjamin gets straight "A's", enjoys singing and acting.
- He played the role of Tiny Tim in the 2002 Fantasy Playhouse production of A Christmas Carol.
- He played Bobby in the 2003 Renaissance Theater production of A Mill Town Christmas and, most recently,
he was the Children's Chorus soloist in the 2004 Huntsville Opera Theater production of La Boheme.
- Benjamin has earned top reader awards in the AR Program at
his school where he is in the second grade.
- He earned the award of Most Valuable Player on his soccer team this fall.
- He holds a Senior First Degree Black Belt in TaeKwonDo.
- Ben’s parents believe that Early Childhood Music laid the foundation for these wonderful achievements.
Emily (seven year old) is known for her enthusiasm.
Her favorite song is the Crab Walk.
She enjoys playing in her tree house, riding her bike, roller skating and gymnastics.
Emily gets straight "A's" and especially excels in math, and reading.
Recently tested, her IQ is 141.
Trista (seven year old) loves to sing, dance, arts and crafts.
Trista gets straight "A's" and began music with Early Childhood Music at age four.
She was the PTA Reflections Music Compositions School Winner 2003.
She went on to place first place in the city of Huntsville and first in the state of Alabama.
Trista also performed her original composition “I Am Happy When” at the 2003 State PTA Reflections Luncheon in April 2004.
She placed 1st in ECM piano audition of ‘Windy Day” August 2004.
Trista is part of an ensemble cast of contemporary Christian drama group called “Word on the Street” at her church this December. She will sing, dance and act. What an awesome start!
- Courtney (seven year old) began Early Childhood Music at age four.
- Courtney gets straight "A's" and excels in reading and math.
- She enjoys gymnastics, sings in a gospel trio called ‘Sweet Harmony.’
- Courtney was a Hallelujah Kid in our Spring Event. Courtney loves to travel.