Music has incredible power over our brains, our emotions and our successes! We have been teaching children with special needs for over 15 years with remarkable success.
Mrs. Denie Riggs has written about it and is giving tools to caregivers in her book, “Music Helps Autism.”
This book is available on Amazon.com. Go there now by following this link.
We have a complete website dedicated to our program for children with autism. MusicHelpsAutism.com. Click here!
Sign up for our newsletter to learn of new products we are developing including ON-LINE music classes. Click here!
For special needs music classes in Huntsville, AL, please see below!
Our Piano Program for Children with Special Learning Needs
- Music has amazing power over our brains.
- Music enhances all brains, even those who need a little special help… our children with special learning needs.
- Since 2009, Music4Me has enhanced the lives of children who have enrolled in our classes.
- Several of our Music4Me students began class diagnosed as non-verbal autism, but began singing and then speaking.
- Explains the benefits of different levels of musical participation based on documented music research.
- We are not music therapists, but our Music4Me program has received input from a music therapist.
- We are not autism specialists, but our Music4Me program has received input from an autism specialist.
- We are not scientists, but we study and use research regarding the benefits of music for students of all ages and all aspects of life.
- Even if you live outside the area, you can put music’s power to work for your child through Music4Me curriculum. Call the office for more information.
Our Music4Me Class Time:
- Our Music4Me class meets on Tuesday at 3:45 p.m. Call the office for availability of openings. Update May 2013, this class is full and we are accepting applications for another class to begin later in the spring. If interested, please contact Mrs. Denie for updated information. (256) 348-6634.
Our Music4Me Class Fees:
- Application Fee: a $30, non-refundable application fee is due at the time of enrollment. This fee is discounted for the 2nd and 3rd family members to $15.00 per child. Since this fee holds your space, resulting in that others are turned away, it is not refundable for any reason.
- Tuition Fee: Our Music4Me tuition is $59 per month.
- Performance Fee: Our Performance Fee varies between $25 and $40 per recital, charged twice each year, the month before each event. Special needs students unable to perform will not be charged this fee.
- Materials: Our Music4Me classes uses the Music4Me Material Kit. The cost for this kit is $75.00 plus tax. It includes: a canvas, embroidered book bag, a white board kit (includes marker, eraser and staff white board), a pair of egg shakers, two wrist bells, an attendance sticker book, a Parent Supplemental Notebook, and the Music4Me book and CD. This department change curriculum occasionally (fees apply). Additional supplies available such as Social Story, magnetic whiteboard and notes, etc.
- Our Music4Me classes meet for 30 minutes once per week, in an on-going structure, requiring a one-month advance written termination notice.
- Termination must be received before the first day of your last month.
- A signature is required to withdraw from our programs.
- Once you are enrolled, you are charged for monthly tuition and a place is reserved for your child until we receive the signed, written termination notice, regardless of whether or not you attend classes.
- We ask that you establlish your tuition account as an Auto Account to a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover debit or credit card.
- It is easy and safe for you and easy for us!
- A Payment Security Form will be completed at the Partner Workshop.
- For more information call our Accounts Secretary at (256) 682-2131.
- Call the office to check on availability. (256) 348-6634 or (256) 682-2131. You may lock your spot in by phone with a Visa, MasterCard or Discover for the $30 application fee.
- Bring application: You may print off an Early Childhood Music application from our website and bring it along with a check made payable to Early Childhood Music to AB Stephens Music (Huntsville)
- We cannot hold you a space in class until one of these steps has been taken.
We look forward to speaking with you today!