Kids ‘n Keys Classes ~ our piano classes for children from five years to eight years.
Our Kids ‘n Keys department is awesome. Students ages 5 to 8 (or older) with a partner, learn to play the piano, recorder, and percussion.
The piano is difficult to teach in the preschool years, because of the amazing brain function required. Early Childhood Music has sucessfully taught Kids ‘n Keys classes to hundreds of preschoolers since 1998 with our group, non-traditional approach. It is an appoach that works!
Kids ‘n Keys is fun, amazingly beneficial to the student and works! Singing is incorporated throughout this program, creating a circle of learning and enhanced ear training. When your child plays piano and sings, no other activity that they may be involved in have a greater brain function enhancement. this piano-based program wires a preschooler’s brain differently for the rest of his/her life. See Music Works! for our graduate’s academic records. It is incredible!
Kids ‘n Keys Structure:
- Our Kids ‘n Keys department is set up in four or five month sessions called LEVELS.
- Parents are to commit to the entire LEVEL committing their child to successfully completing the book set.
- At the end of each LEVEL, parents have the option to sign up for the next LEVEL.
Kids ‘n Keys Class Times: Booking Information for June 2013
- We currently have availability for 6,7,8 year olds for Thursday 3:30 p.m. and Monday 5:15 classes to start June 2013.
- We are currently accepting applications for children under age 6 years old for Pre KnK classes meeting on Monday 4:30 p.m. or Thursday 6:30 p.m. Click here for more information on the PRE KNK structure.
Kids ‘n Keys Format:
- New students may enroll from age 6 to 8 years (and older). (Children ages 4 1/2- 6 must attend a Pre Kids ‘n Key class first.)
- All classes are held at AB Stephens Music, 2828 Drake Avenue, Huntsville, 35905.
- This class is progressive, so after the first few weeks of class, new students may not join, but should process application for the next class.
- Transfer students are accepted into the Kids ‘n Keys format. Call the office for an evaluation appointment.
- Application Fee: a $30, non-refundable application fee is due at the time of enrollment. This fee is discounted for the 2nd and 3rd family members to $15.00 per child. Since this fee holds your space, resulting in that others are turned away, it is not refundable for any reason.
- Tuition Fee: Our Kids ‘n Keys monthly tuition is $75 per month in a four month session. Parents may pay the full session up front or make monthly payments.
- Performance Fee: Our Performance Fee varies between $30 and $45 per recital, charged twice each year, the month before each event. All ECM students, age six months and up are charged our Performance Fee, whether you are able to attend our events or not.
- Materials: Our Kids ‘n Keys classes uses the Kids ‘n Keys Material Kit. The cost for Level One kit is $65.00 plus tax. It includes: a canvas, embroidered book bag, a white board kit (includes marker, eraser and staff white board), an attendance sticker book, a Parent Supplemental Notebook, the Kids ‘n Keys Parent Guide, HomePlay Sheets, Kids ‘n Key Book One, CD and Flashcards. Each additional level’s curriculum cost ranges from $25-35 for the supplies for that level.
- We ask that you establlish your tuition account as an Auto Account to a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover debit or credit card.
- It is easy and safe for you and easy for us!
- A Payment Security Form will be completed at the Partner Workshop.
- For more information call Mrs. Erika, our Accounts Secretary at (256) 682-2131.
- Call the office to check on availability. (256) 348-6634 or (256) 682-2131. You may lock your spot in by phone with a Visa, MasterCard or Discover for the $30 application fee.
- Or your may go to Register My Child on this website, complete the application and email it to our office. When we receive your email, we will call you to confirm it with the application fee (Visa, MasterCard or Discover number) over the phone.
- Or you may mail a completed application and the $30 Application Fee to our office at P.O. Box 18008 Huntsville, AL 35804.
- We cannot hold you a space in class until we receive your application in our office!
Call us today! e may be accepting applications in your area. Call the office today!