Music ‘n Motion Classes ~ our program for 3-4 year olds
Our Music ‘n Motion classes are exciting for students age 3 and 4 years. Students and their partner enjoy singing, piano, movement and rhythm instruments.
- Children begin to learn musical concepts by ‘rote.’
- Our Music ‘n Motion students learn to draw, clap and play quarter notes, half notes, whole notes.
- We also study treble clef notes of do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, ti and high do.
- Children learn to ‘track’ those notes on the keyboard.
- Because of the repetition in these classes, most students learn how to read music very early.
- A parent or guardian attends lessons with the child.
- Music ‘n Motion classes are fun and fast-paced, as musical concepts build upon concept.
- Class lesson time is 45 minutes once per week.
- New students may join the classes at any time based on availability of openings.
- Our Music ‘n Motion classes set the stage for a successful Kids ‘n Keys adventure beginning a few months before the age of five.
Our Class Times: Call the office to check on availability of openings!
- Monday 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday 5:20 p.m.
- Wednesday 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 5:15 p.m.
- Thursday 5:45 p.m.
- Thursday 6:30 p.m.
- Friday 11:00 a.m. New class time! Start date will be set when minimum class size is met. Call the office.
- Friday 3:45 p.m.
- Friday 5:15 p.m.
- Application Fee: a $30, non-refundable application fee is due at the time of enrollment. This fee is discounted for the 2nd and 3rd family members to $15.00 per child. Since this fee holds your space, resulting in that others are turned away, it is not refundable for any reason.
- Tuition Fee: Our Music ‘n Motion tuition in $59.00 per month for a 45 minute lesson each week.
- Performance Fee: Our Performance Fee varies between $25 and $40 per recital, charged twice each year, the month before each event. All ECM students, age six months and up are charged our Performance Fee, whether you are able to attend our events or not.
- Materials: Our Music ‘n Motion classes uses the Music ‘n Motion Material Kit. The cost for this kit is $65.00 plus tax. It includes: a canvas, embroidered book bag, a white board kit (includes marker, eraser and staff white board), a set of rhythms sticks, an attendance sticker book, a Parent Supplemental Notebook, and the seasonal curriculum (book and CD). This department changes curriculum three times per year: January, June and September (fees apply).
- Our Music ‘n Motion classes are on-going, requiring a one-month advance written termination notice.
- Termination must be received before the first day of your last month.
- A signature is required to withdraw from our programs.
- Once you are enrolled, you are charged for monthly tuition and a place is reserved for your child until we receive the signed, written termination notice, regardless of whether or not you attend classes.
- We ask that you establlish your tuition account as an Auto Account to a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover debit or credit card.
- It is easy and safe for you and easy for us!
- A Payment Security Form will be completed at the Partner Workshop. For more information call our Accounts Secretary at (256) 682-2131.
- Call the office to check on availability. (256) 348-6634. You may lock your spot in by phone with a Visa, MasterCard or Discover for the $30 application fee.
- Or your may print off an Early Childhood Music application from this site and bring it along with a check made payable to Early Childhood Music to AB Stephens Music (Huntsville).
- Or you may mail a completed application and the $30 Application Fee to our office at P.O. Box 18008, Huntsville, AL 35804.
- We cannot hold you a space in class until one of these steps has been taken.
We look forward to speaking with you today!